Pre IB Diploma Programme
A solid foundation providing academic preparation and confidence to future IB Diploma Programme students.
|Start dates: September, January or March|
|Location: Yarnton Manor, Oxford|
|Duration: 1-3 terms|
The IB Diploma programme (IBDP) is a challenging one for post 16 students, yet one that is recommended globally as a benchmark of high stakes academic attainment. It is no wonder that more and more high schools are offering this programme with its well respected and rigorous assessment that extends beyond one’s own national curricula.
Our Pre IB Diploma Programme is aimed at students intending to commence their IB Diploma studies the following academic year. It serves to act as a solid foundation from which students can begin their IB Diploma Programme confident that they are prepared for the challenges ahead.
Our International Study Centre is here to support you in your academic needs and aspirations. Our team of experienced international educators has vast IBDP experience and a track record of supporting IB students to maximise their success in the IBDP.
We will help you to:
- Develop confidence in your ability to be successful in the IBDP
- Develop your English proficiency
- Develop your subject specific knowledge and understanding in the 6 groups of the IBDP
- Foster internal mindedness
- Practice an Extended Project
- Undertake a mini group 4 project.
- Explore CAS community service projects
- Develop your critical thinking skills in readiness for Theory of Knowledge course
We will provide:
- A nurturing and supporting learning and living environment
- A course content tailored to the IB Diploma curriculum structure, covering the core and the 6 subject groups
- Dedicated UCAS support, visits to university academic departments and university open days